Author picture

EXCLUSIVE: Cop Kills Mexican Illegal Brandishing Gun During Attempted Home Invasion in North Carolina

SHARE:

An illegal alien from Mexico was shot and killed by a police officer during an attempted break-in this week in North Carolina, federal authorities tell Border Hawk.

The Monroe Police Department (MPD) was called at around 10 p.m. on Sunday night by a woman who said a suspicious man was trying to force entry to her home.

Responding officers encountered a person matching the prowler’s description in the street.

The man pointed a handgun at an officer and refused multiple commands to drop the weapon, prompting the officer open fire.

The subject was transported to a Charlotte-area hospital where he was pronounced deceased.

He was identified as Francisco Javier Montes-Hernandez, a 33-year-old Mexican national who had been “staying” in the Monroe area.

Photographs published by MPD indicate he may have been a member of the Mexican military.

“Francisco Javier Montes-Hernandez, an illegal from Mexico, legally entered the country on April 1, 2023, with permission to stay for 70 days. He overstayed his welcome, in violation of our nation’s laws,” the Department of Homeland Security told Border Hawk on Thursday.

“We encourage all illegal aliens to use the CBP Home app to self-deport. The United States is offering illegal aliens $2,600 and a free flight to self-deport now. We encourage every person here illegally to take advantage of this offer and reserve the chance to come back to the U.S. the right legal way to live the American dream. If not, you will be arrested and deported without a chance to return.”

READ NEXT

© 2026 Border Hawk News Corp. All Rights Reserved.

Website by Red Fang Media

Join our mailing list to receive updates and exclusive reports from Border Hawk!