Federal authorities have confirmed that man arrested for hacking up two people with a machete in Wisconsin is an illegal alien from Nicaragua who was protected by the Biden administration.
On April 20, the Green Bay Police Department received a 911 call at around 5:15 a.m. regarding an emergency at a local residence, as we previously reported.
Officers approached the house and observed blood “all over the concrete.”
They located a woman, 26, and a man, 23, suffering from serious injuries inflicted by a bladed weapon.
The victims were rushed a local hospital where they both underwent emergency surgery.
The female told officers her ex-boyfriend, identified as 29-year-old David Mairena-Garcia, entered the home and proceeded to slash them without saying a word.
Detectives arrested Mairena-Garcia during a traffic stop, and he reportedly led them to a machete he had tossed from the van he was driving.
Mairena-Garcia reportedly stated that he “just wanted to kill” to his victims.
He was charged with two counts of attempted first-degree intentional homicide, two counts of aggravated battery by use of a dangerous weapon, and one count of armed burglary.
Mairena-Garcia was also hit with a bail jumping charge and was due in court for a hit-and-run charge just hours after the attack.
On Tuesday, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) published information about Mairena-Garcia’s immigration history.
In 2022, Mairena-Garcia was issued a final order of removal by a federal judge for failing to appear for immigration hearings.
During the final week of the Biden administration, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) marked the Nicaraguan as a non-enforcement priority after he was arrested for driving without a license.
ICE hold on suspect arrested for attacking woman, man with machete this week in Green Bay, Wisconsin
Full story coming https://t.co/1Oi5VmlBQM pic.twitter.com/BHep79v9zv
— Border Hawk (@BorderHawkNews) April 23, 2026
DHS slammed mainstream media for calling Mairena-Garcia a “Green Bay man” in their reports about the machete rampage.
“Yet again, legacy media has gone to bat for a vicious criminal illegal alien allowed by the Biden administration to roam our streets and prey upon innocent people. This is not a ‘Green Bay man.’ This is a criminal illegal alien from Nicaragua who barbarically attacked two people with a machete,” said DHS Acting Assistant Secretary Lauren Bis.
“The Biden administration marked this criminal illegal alien as a non-enforcement priority. Under President Trump’s leadership, ICE lodged an arrest detainer with our local authorities to ensure this monster is never released back into our communities.”


