The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) slammed a media report claiming federal authorities targeted the ‘home of a pregnant mother’ in Southern California when it was the woman’s previously-deported criminal husband for whom they were serving a warrant.
On Friday, KTLA published an article with the following headline: DHS Secretary Kristi Noem attends ICE raid at home of pregnant L.A. County mother.
“The raid occurred Thursday morning when about a half-dozen vehicles carrying heavily armed, masked U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents converged on a home occupied by a 28-year-old pregnant mother of four,” KTLA reported.
“Sabrina Medina said she was in the shower around 6 a.m. when her brother-in-law first saw the menacing presence in front of the family’s home.”
Medina told the outlet she was “terrified” as armed federal agents, led by DHS Secretary Kristi Noem, approached the residence and staged in the street.
DON’T TRY THIS AT NOEM pic.twitter.com/JiTt0ZjjoQ
— Homeland Security (@DHSgov) June 12, 2025
Officers presented a warrant for Medina’s husband, identified as David Garcia, an illegal alien with a criminal record and deportation history.
Medina reportedly claimed that her husband’s name was actually Jorge and that he was not present at the home.
Bill Melugin, a Fox News correspondent who was accompanying Sec. Noem during the operation, blasted KTLA for telling only a fraction of the whole story and also insinuating that Medina was being unfairly victimized.
“It wasn’t targeting a ‘pregnant mother,’ it was targeting her previously deported illegal alien Mexican husband who had been convicted of drug trafficking in February & had an attempted murder charge pleaded down to an assault conviction. ICE had a criminal judicial warrant for his arrest, signed off on by a federal judge, because he illegally re-entered the U.S. after removal, which is a felony,” Melugin stated in a post on X on Friday morning.
“Of course, none of that context is in KTLA reporting here as they only spoke to his wife, who apparently *shockingly* didn’t disclose any of his criminal history.”
I was at this operation with Noem. It wasn’t targeting a “pregnant mother”, it was targeting her previously deported illegal alien Mexican husband who had been convicted of drug trafficking in February & had an attempted murder charge pleaded down to an assault conviction. ICE… https://t.co/NqxMGTDWkn
— Bill Melugin (@BillMelugin_) June 13, 2025
DHS followed up roughly an hour later with a statement of their own, saying, “FAKE NEWS. At this house was an illegal alien from Mexico who had previously been deported.”
“His criminal history includes drug trafficking and assault. ICE had a warrant for his arrest.”
FAKE NEWS. At this house was an illegal alien from Mexico who had previously been deported. His criminal history includes drug trafficking and assault.
ICE had a warrant for his arrest. https://t.co/YtVtNhjoqE
— Homeland Security (@DHSgov) June 13, 2025
KTLA has since updated their article and headline.
This article was originally published at InfoWars.com


