Author picture

SecDef Hegseth Says Guantanamo Bay “Perfect Place” to Hold 30,000 Illegals

SHARE:

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said the United States will “humanely move” criminal migrants out of the country and work with other agencies to secure the southern border in his first interview since he was confirmed last week by the U.S. Senate.

Hegseth, a former “Fox & Friends Weekend” co-host, addressed President Donald Trump’s memorandum to the Departments of Homeland Security (DHS) and Defense (DOD), calling on them to prepare a 30,000-person migrant facility at Guantanamo Bay, a U.S. Naval base in Cuba.

He told Fox News host Will Cain Wednesday that Guantanamo Bay is a “perfect place” to hold criminal migrants “safely in the interim” as the process to repatriate them to their homelands plays out.

READ MORE AT FOX NEWS

READ NEXT

© 2026 Border Hawk News Corp. All Rights Reserved.

Website by Red Fang Media

Join our mailing list to receive updates and exclusive reports from Border Hawk!